<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Sunday, February 16, 2003
 
A Farscape Fan? Me?

This has been a great weekend. The big event was visiting Sarah (after some adventures driving downtown … if you can call being stuck in crazy traffic an adventure) for a Farscape marathon.

Before yesterday, I only knew four things about Farscape:

1. It's a science fiction show.
2. Some of the main characters are Muppets.
3. The people I know who watch the show absolutely love it.
4. Sci-Fi has cancelled it, which has sure pissed off a lot of people.

Now, however, I have to say that I'm officially a fan. This show is so much fun! After ditching or ignoring pretty much every SF show out there (mainly because of insanely predictable and boring storylines, and/or characters who I'd happily push down a well), this came as something of a surprise. (Not too much of a surprise, though; after all, Sarah told me I had to see this show and I trust her judgment.) I've only seen the first eight episodes so far, and I'm told it gets even better.

I can't believe that this show has been cancelled. Network people are such morons.

In addition to 8 Farscape episodes, our 12-hour (yes, you read that right) marathon also included some episodes of Inuyasha, which I'd never seen or even heard about before, but enjoyed muchly.

I have to say that I have never before watched anything for 12 hours straight before (except, perhaps, the insides of my eyelids), but I had an amazing time. I think it was the excellent combination of the company, the programming, and the ready availability of carbohydrate-based snacks that made this so much fun. Definitely must do this again.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 9:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005