<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Thursday, February 27, 2003
 
I was just reading an excerpt from Charles de Lint's new novel Spirits in the Wires, when I came across these lines:

She shrugs. "This and that. I just like playing with words. Sometimes they become something--a journal entry, a poem. Sometimes I'm just following words to see where they go."

"And where do they go?"

"Anyplace and everyplace."

That is one of the best descriptions of freewriting that I've ever heard. Reading this made me feel as if I'd found something hidden and glittery.

It's sad that Charles de Lint will be at the ICFA, and I won't get to meet him. Or, rather, it's sad that he's not coming to Ad Astra. Ah, well, there's always Worldcon ...

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 8:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005