<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, February 17, 2003
 
Relearning

It's strange, figuring out how to write again. It's not as if I've gone without writing for years, but somehow all the things I was taking for granted--things I once considered "normal" for my writerly self--are all signs that Something is Still Wrong.

I've been trying to start a new project. It's … well, let's just say it's important to me. (And no, it's not Journey, though that particular story is ever a presence in the back of my mind.) I have written quite a few beginnings already today, and thrown them all away. Part of my mind is gibbering in panic, "I can't do it! I can't do it! Oh my god, I'll never be able to write again!"

The rest of me is trying to remind myself that I've never been able to write a story without throwing away at least a few thousand words first.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 8:58 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005