<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Thursday, March 27, 2003
 
At Last, the Gigantic Ad Astra Report

So, Friday. Class ended, and I packed my things in something of a hurry. I had this nagging feeling that I was forgetting something, but no matter how much I looked around my room I could not figure out what I was missing. Only when I was across campus waiting for the bus did I think, "Oh, right. I was going to check what subway station I have to get off at." Oops. However, my bag was incredibly heavy and there was no way I was going to walk back to my room for that, so I prayed that my memory was as good as I hoped and headed downtown.

Well, my memory's good but my sense of direction is not. Luckily, I only went the wrong way once--though it was really just the wrong side of the street, not the wrong way entirely. But with a weekend's worth of clothes and a big ol' stack of books to have signed by various authors all packed into one bag, my shoulders were not happy with the extra wandering. Luckily, I found the Colony Hotel and signed in (much to the pleasure of my aching back). My roommates had all arrived, and I quickly found Sarah and her sibling, Simeon, and went out for some much needed dinner.

The Japanese restaurant that we went to seemed nice, small but pretty. I didn't eat too much, my nervous stomach being what it is, though Sarah and I did dare each other to eat some sashimi. Sarah ate hers without any problem, though I was caught using Improper Japanese Food Eating Technique.

"Hey," I said. "If I put this whole thing in my mouth at once, there will be issues."

However, the only issues of the meal turned out to be the fingernail that Simeon found in his tea. Say it with me now: ugh! Though we tried to think of other things it could be, the only thing that it looked like was a fingernail. We decided not to eat there again.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 3:51 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005