<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, April 25, 2003
 
Eco-Challenge Coverage, Sans Spoilers

Okay, so I just discovered that the Eco-Challenge is not playing in the States until May 5-8. Why on earth didn't any of you tell me? You people. Well, actually I can think of three possible reasons why people didn't tell me this. One, you're all Canadian. (Ha!) Two, no one wants to discuss the Eco-Challenge with me. (Am I really so intimidating on this subject?) Or three, no one gives a damn. (Not caring about the Eco-Challenge? How could that be so?)

Though three is probably the most accurate answer, I will refrain from talking about the race results here in case anyone reading this does care and doesn't want to have the race ruined for them. Um ... terribly sorry about those other spoilers I've posted ...

So, how to talk about two days of Eco-Challenge without giving anything away ...? Difficult. And I'd say that I'd just write about it now and post my rambling on May 8th, but I'm going to be in Florida then and am unlikely to have regular internet access. Hmm. Well, let's just say I had fun. I am happy with the results, and not as angry at Polysporin as I might have been. I almost cried twice during the coverage tonight. What can I say, I really get into this. And some of these teams that were forced to drop out absolutely broke my heart.

And though they did not win (this is not a surprise to anyone), I've got to say congratulations and kick ass to Team Subaru Outback for finishing the race!! Woo! Only Canadian team to finish, and it's a guaranteed top-ten finish. Warms my heart, it does.

I wish I knew where the race was going to be next year, but they haven't announced it yet. I suppose that they're waiting for the race to air on the USA Network before telling us all, but I want to know now! Ah, well. Such is life.

It's a good race, Americans. Watch it. You know you want to.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:41 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005