<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, April 15, 2003
 
Flirting with Sunburn

Today is glorious! Outside it is sunny and 25 degrees. Yes, you read that right. Twenty-five. (For you Americans, that would be 77 or thereabouts.) This Sunday I was wearing a winter jacket, and bringing mittens along in my pockets, just in case. Today I am wearing a T-shirt, and have changed into shorts. Oh, sure, maybe it's a bit premature for shorts, but in the sun it is hot. And I have been in the sun all afternoon. I've taken a pillow and a chair-mat outside and have been lying on the patio, in the sun, reading. It feels wonderful to get my cold, mushroom-pale self out into the sunlight. I am warm!

I even walked to the mailbox in bare feet for the first time this year. Oh, yes, it hurt somewhat, my feet having been coddled by months of socks and shoes and boots, but soon I'll be able to do that walk without flinching.

I am dreaming of summer.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must get back to the wind and the warmth and the sunlight. I've seen what the weather has in store for me tomorrow (will not think about that, ignore it, it's not true, can't be) and so must go enjoy this while it's here.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 4:03 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005