<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Sunday, May 18, 2003
 
Ow

Went running again for the first time in about a week. I'd planned on running every day in Florida, but ended up going only once. This was not for lack of opportunity or desire, but rather due to my knees.

It seems that all the kneeling that I did while tiling a while ago aggravated my knees--especially the left knee. Silly as this sounds from a young whippersnapper like myself, what I really just did was irritate an old injury. (I did in my knees almost ten years ago. That counts as old, right?)

(Hang on, I'm reeling from the realization that I just referred to myself as a whippersnapper...)

When I ran in Florida that once, the pain started out fairly mild but got progressively worse. Still, I managed to run for ten minutes, which made me very happy, and I totally loved running in the warm, humid air. Sure, I ended up sweating more, but it was still lovely. But after that experience I decided it was best just to let my knees rest and feel better.

So, today I went out running, and increased my distance just a little bit more, resulting in another 10 minute run. But my knees ... ow. Ow, ow, ow. My left knee is not happy with me at all right now. I've taken an Aspirin and soaked it, but am not sure what else to do. And what does this mean for my running? Because I don't want to stop--no! I keep getting better each time, running longer, easier, enjoying it more. And yet I don't want to be a total moron and end up damaging my knee. Irritating. Well. We'll see how it goes.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005