<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, July 05, 2003
 
Still Running

I'm still running. You know, deciding to learn to run and continue running on a regular basis was probably one of the best decisions I've made recently. I feel stronger, healthier, more energetic. I look better, too. (And here you thought that was impossible.)

My distance has been slowly increasing, too. For a few weeks I was running a route that was about 1.25 km, and a week or so ago changed the route to a slightly longer one of 1.65 km. A mile is 1.6 km, I believe, so I have been running a bit over a mile every other day for a little over a week. Two days ago, I changed the route again to one that clocks in at just under 2 km. It's a flatter route, though--one slow incline and one long downhill section--whereas the slightly shorter route is very hilly indeed, but it's nice to have some variety. How do I know about these distances? I drove them in my car, of course. I'm just that obsessive.

It's amazing to me, though, to realize that not so very long ago I simply could not run to the mailbox without difficulty. I mean ... go me.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 3:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005