<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, July 21, 2003
 
Thank God for Naps

So, we had a wedding at my house this weekend. It was a totally fantastic wedding. I’ve known and loved the groom all my life, and I really love the woman that he just married, and everything here looked so beautiful. Orchids and candles on tables in the backyard; blue skies and sunshine, warm weather and a warm wind; green grass and flowers and lots and lots of food. The wedding itself was a mildly-formal occasion, but soon after people got changed and it turned into more of a pool party type of wedding that lasted until around midnight. There was dancing, and swimming, and a whole lot of drinking. I think it went amazingly well. The only downside, really, was that the young, attractive males in attendance were either married, engaged or in a Very Serious Relationship. (Oh, so pretty to look at, though...)

But there was a lot of work to be done by everyone in this family, cleaning before, during and after the wedding, much getting ready and much dealing with the aftermath, and so it was not a restful time, exactly. Fun, but not restful. Got some sleep and managed to have a nap on Sunday before heading downtown to hang out with Sarah. We watched X2 (yay for $4 movies!), which was very enjoyable. Got myself a "I have a job and can spend just a little, little bit of money" pair of earrings, too. How could I resist? They were $6.

Didn’t get home until almost 1 AM and almost didn’t wake up with my alarm, so I'm totally exhausted right now, and seriously behind on email, but content. Job is going well, paycheck comes soon, I am writing a kick-ass story and I have a whole tin full of nanaimo bars in the kitchen. What more could a girl ask for?

(Well, more sleep, maybe ...)

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005