<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, August 11, 2003
 
Am I Counting Right?
Or, Karina Finds a Cookie

All day, I have felt elated. Excited. I keep going back to Strange Horizons to make sure that yes, that really is my story, and yes, it really is published, and yes, real people--people that I don't know--are reading it. And I keep saying to myself, "Okay, yes, this is good and yay, story's published, but what the hell?" This is not my first published story, so why do I feel like dancing?

And I realized that no, it's not my first published story. It's my second.

For all the stories that I have accepted (oh yes, how staggering the numbers) this is the first one to see print since "How to Kill the Sun," which (need I remind you?) I wrote when I was 17.

So forgive me my excitement and foolishness; ignore me as I giggle to myself over here in my corner. I may act jaded at times, and try to pretend that I'm an old pro, but truth is I'm just some Canadian newbie and this is my beginning.

Ooh, look, a cookie!

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 7:02 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005