<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, October 08, 2003
 
Things to be Happy About

1. Heating! Though the weather has warmed up to something sane for October, I still take immense joy in having the radiators working. It's a sauna in here, a beautiful, overheated sauna. Lovely!

2. The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Way back in the day I heard that Ellen would be getting a talk show, and it has come to pass. Ah, how I love Ellen's quirky sense of humour. A most lovely thing to watch while eating my breakfast on days like today when I don't have to catch the bus early in the morning.

3. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. We can finally watch this show in Canada! Only one episode has aired so far, but it was fantastic. Part makeover show, part home decorating show, many funny gay guys--what's not to love?

4. People who publish my stories. Just looked over the "proofs" for "Loving the Bomb." It should be out in a couple of weeks. Though I may have learned a lot about writing since I wrote "Bomb," no other story gives me such glee as this one does. Here's to plot twists!

5. I Breathe. A source of joy, confusion and frustration all in one. Initial responses from my readers have been positive, though I have realized that this story is not done. Not by a long shot. I am still being struck by flashes of inspiration in class and on the bus. I don't know what this is going to be, or whether I'll have a short story version to shop around and the "let's see how long this gets" version that I keep working on, but at least I have something.

6. Inuyasha. Off to hang out with Sarah this evening, and watch Inuyasha. I'm telling you, after an afternoon of reading Holocaust literature, I will be in serious need of cheering up. Yay for friends!

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 12:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005