<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, November 14, 2003
 
By Popular Demand

The clamour for the recipe for my banana muffins has been overwhelming. And by "clamour" I mean two polite emails, and by "overwhelming" I mean just enough to convince me to post this. Banana muffins are excellent, and this recipe is better than most. And I'm not just saying that because it's mine. (And apologies to those who could not care about recipes for muffins or in general. Come back tomorrow and I'll tell the story about how I made a fool of myself on the subway today.) So, without further ado...

Banana Muffins

In a small bowl, mix
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

In a large bowl, mash three bananas. (Brown, squishy bananas are best.)
Add 1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine

Add dry ingredients and mix well. (Watch out for flour lumps! They hide.) At this point I add chocolate chips. I do not measure the chocolate chips; it is obvious when there are enough. Others like to add raisins or nuts. This is nice for them, I say.

Spoon into muffin tins and bake at 325 F for 20 minutes.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 12:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005