<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, November 22, 2003
 
I know! "Stranger in a Strange Land"! No one's used that title yet, right?

I received an email from Julie to let me know that I don't need to do any revisions on "Peak of the Ocean." I am ... well, bewildered is a good word, I think. Happy, too, but definitely bewildered. In fact, the only change that she's requested is that the title change. This is not a required change, but I agree with her reasoning, actually, and so am trying to figure out a new title. An island or two may need to be renamed, too, as I'm skirting a little too close to the edge of unintentional punning. I swear, sometimes I feel like my subconscious is playing jokes on me.

So I'm currently sitting here with the story file open and bits of paper scattered about me upon which are written various relevant words, phrases and images. So far the best I've been able to come up with is "The Shape of Sacrifice", which may be a bit too close to Mindy Klasky's Season of Sacrifice for comfort. I'm not sure.

At one point I happily hit upon "Faith of the Fallen." It took me a few minutes until conscious brain said to subconscious brain, "Um, hey, isn't that a Terry Goodkind novel?" Subconscious brain laughed at me, and scurried away to see what other good jokes it could come up with. Conscious brain told unconscious brain that it sucked, and then I went to bed.

Why, oh why am I so bad at this?

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 4:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005