<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, November 17, 2003
 
Mission Accomplished

Received my rejection from Julie Czerneda's fantasy anthology Summoned by Destiny earlier this afternoon. As I expected, "Peak of the Ocean" wasn't exactly what she was looking for, but still made it to the final cut. So close! Still, any rejection that includes the line "Wish I'd had room to buy it" is all right with me.

My original plan wasn't to sell a story (though that would have been very nice indeed) but to write something good enough to catch her attention and earn me an invitation to the next anthology. Which I did. So despite the fact that this was a rejection, I'm feeling quite pleased with myself. Mission accomplished.

Now back to work. Stories don't write themselves, and I spent too much time fretting today and not enough time reading. Two more weeks, only two more weeks...

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005