<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, November 22, 2003
 
Other People's Stories

I read Marissa's latest published short story, "Taste of Blood and Bubble Gum," a week or so ago and really enjoyed it, so I thought I'd pass on the goodness. It's one of those where the ending makes you re-evaluate everything that came before, something I enjoy muchly.

Sarah has a new Kesh story up on her website, and the first one is still online too for a very short time. Sarah's right--they're like reading anime. Very quirky, funny anime at that. And having begged other stories out of her, I can tell you that story #3 is hilarious.

Also found my copies of LCRW waiting for me, and they look spectacularly fantastic. Oh, perfect-bound issue, how I love you! ... Ahem. Anyway, I've only read two stories so far (other than mine, but I don't think that counts); E.L. Chen's "White Rabbit Triptych" grabbed me right from the first sentence, and Gavin Grant's essay "Home and Security" is lovely in a very not-lovely way.

And another of my friends has sold reprint rights to one of her stories to a Best of the Year anthology (and rightfully so--this story almost had me in tears in the middle of a cafeteria) though I don't know if she'd want me to announce it here. So I'll just post a more general WOOHOO! and leave it at that for now.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:28 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005