<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, November 04, 2003
 
Sun, Sleepy, Stompy, and the Howling Dog of Doom
Or, Why I'm Falling Asleep On My Keyboard

Ah, Tuesday. What a long day. And today seemed longer than normal, due to the fact that I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. That is not a good amount of sleep, not for a whole night. It was one of those tossing and turning nights where I kept looking at the clock and thinking to myself, "Well, if I fell asleep now I'd get five hours of sleep," .... "If I fell asleep now I'd get four and a half hours of sleep," ... "If I fell asleep now..."

My sleep schedule has been thrown off lately anyway due to two different things. One problem is my lovely curtains. I love my lovely curtains. They are blue and thick and let me sleep and sleep and sleep--sometimes until noon. Oops. See, the thing is, I never had to set my alarm on days that I didn't have class simply because the sun always woke me up. Sometimes I'd squirm over to the far side of the bed and try to hide from the brightness, but that rarely worked for long. But now, the lovely curtains allow my room to be as dark as a cave for as long as I want and my foolish brain can't figure out when to wake up.

The second problem is Stompy and the Howling Dog of Doom. Stompy is the woman who lives above us. We don't know what she does to get money, but I wouldn't rule out Riverdance as a possibility. Stompy is actually moving out, though we don't quite know how soon; however, right now she's here and she has a dog with her. A large dog, from the sound of it. A large dog who likes to bark and howl and run around on the floor above my head as he barks and howls, and who enjoys doing so early in the morning and late at night. Enjoyable.

However, on the positive side, when I pinched myself in the arm today to keep myself awake during class I only bruised myself lightly, and I didn't fall asleep on the bus, either. Go me.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:40 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005