<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, November 26, 2003
 
Wasting the Day Away

Motivation is a serious issue with me today. As in, I don't have any. I got up nice and early this morning so I could spend the day working on this lovely take-home exam that I have sitting beside me. It's not a big deal, really, a piddly few pages to plan and write, but it's difficult to find things that I'd like to do less. So far, I've prefered to take in the garbage cans and recycling bins, wash a stack of dishes and fold some laundry instead of writing this thing.

"This is important," I tell myself.

"Yep," I reply, examining my nails. "Sure is, sweetie."

"Stop that. I'm serious. This is important and needs to be done. You have to hand this in tomorrow morning! You've barely even written an outline! Time is flying away, here!"

"Ooh," I say, suppressing a yawn. "Scary. Really. Say, can you pass me the chips?"

Course, maybe I have bigger problems to deal with. Like the way I talk to myself. It deserves some thought. ("Think what you like, dahlin', but eat more snacks while you're at it.")

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 4:34 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005