<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, December 20, 2003
 
Am I the only one who didn't see this coming?

Well, perhaps it was inevitable. After all, I went on not one but two shopping marathons at the Eaton's Centre, and had a night out at the movies. And I never did get my flu shot, though I did debate with more than one person whether or not they're still free. And Christmas is coming, with all the gift wrapping and baking and generally being sociable that that entails. Of course I was going to get sick.

It hit me yesterday like a steamroller. When I woke up I was perfectly fine. A few hours later I thought, "What's this ... my throat feels ... funny." And a few hours after that I'd gained all the usual head cold symptoms: stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, etc. Blech, that's what I say. Blech.

And, of course, this means that I'll be missing this evening's Christmas party/high school reunion deal, which I surprised myself by really looking forward to. I was going to make cupcakes. There was going to be skating at Nathan Philip's Square--and I suppose there still will be, just not with me. Sigh. I got new skates and everything.

So now I must simultaneously be full of good holiday cheer and do all the pre-Christmas preparations without getting everyone around me sick. Am I up to the task? Lord, I hope so, because the last thing I want is to make everyone sick just in time for the holiday.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 12:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005