<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Sunday, December 07, 2003
 
I Must Be Crazy

(But then we already knew that, didn't we?)

I don't want to say that "Ohntai" has crashed and burned, because it hasn't. It will still be a great story when I am able to write it. But for all intents and purposes it's now out of the running, because the damn thing refuses to go beyond the first scene. Even after removing a character and majorly rewriting/streamlining the first scene, it is stuck, stuck, stuck.

And so I'm writing something else. Started last night. Went out all day today. (Ooh, I got this fantastic hair-thing. Long-haired people, wait 'til I get a picture of this! Um, anyway...) Still have stuff to do tonight before I can seriously get writing. It looks like I'm going to be up until about 4 in the morning writing, if I'm to have any chance of finishing this, getting the two stories printed off and in the mail tomorrow morning, which is the mailing deadline for the super-fast mail. To go any faster to Florida I'd have to use a courier, and even I'm not that crazy.

So what does that mean? I'm officially in Clarion Mode. (The only difference being that I'm attempting to end up with a story that doesn't suck.) Now where's my Dr. Pepper?

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005