<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, December 09, 2003
 
Storie/Story

Well, any speculation about "Earth Bride" being fantastic can safely be put to rest. Pity. Course, I know that I've overloaded on this story; I don't want to read it, I don't want to edit it, I don't even want to think about it. But now that it's in the mail and away, trying not to think about it is awfully difficult. Ah, well. I'm glad that I was able to write something, even if that something is not particularly good. And there's always "I Breathe." You never know, right?

I almost gave up on entering the contest this year. Part of me said that I should just quit, or maybe save up stuff to enter next year--what's the point, anway. But I really, really want to go to the ICFA this year, and the only way that's going to happen is if I win my way there. So I had to at least try.

But, I think I've proved very nicely over the past two months that it's better if I'm writing with some sort of deadline. Otherwise it's too easy for me to say, "This isn't working very well, perhaps I'll go read instead." Or update my blog. Or watch pointless TV. Or eat a cookie.

(Hey, funny side-note about cookies. As far as I can remember, the singular form of the word is "cookie". And yet there's an old-ish cookbook at my house that constantly says "cooky". As in "Chocolate Chip Cookies -- a classic cooky!" And it makes me wonder, is this book some sort of cookie/cooky oddity, or has the "ie" only taken over in recent years. Yes, I think about these things.)

So right now I need to get myself ready to actually leave the house. Think I'll put in my cool hair thing, and then I'm off to the library and then to Bakka to buy some Christmas presents. And lust after hardcovers. A nice afternoon.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 3:08 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005