<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, January 20, 2004
 
Letters, Letters

I can send and receive email again, hooray! But as a consequence of the pause, I am now noticeably behind on my email and tomorrow's marathon class day is not going to help any. Plus, some of my email time is now devoted to the Letter Game.

After I mentioned how fun the Letter Game sounded, as described by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer in Sorcery and Cecelia, M'ris said that she'd play the Letter Game with me. (Course, her public mention of the Letter Game now means that she's involved in lord only knows how many fiction-based correspondences ...) I tried to be strong and dutiful and say that I'd only play when I was finished with my classes in April ... but what fun is that? I gave in, and am very happy that I did. We're playing a three-person Letter Game, too, which makes everything that much more interesting.

And what's fantastic about this is that it doesn't have to be anything. It doesn't have to be plotted ahead of time, or follow rules or guidelines. It doesn't have to be finished by a certain date. It doesn't have to be saleable when we're finished--and if by some miracle it is, then that's just a lovely bonus. I have no idea what's going to happen to these characters next, and have few ideas about what's happened to them in the past (though they keep dropping hints). It's just so fantastic to write something that's just fun.

In other news, I've heard a rumour that there may not be an Eco-Challenge 2004. I hope and pray that it is false, but am coming to distrust good ol' Mark Burnett. If you've watched that reality show with Donald Trump, The Apprentice, (or at least seen the end of the closing credits) you'll have noticed that it's a Mark Burnett Production. And all I'm saying is that he better not have abandoned adventure racing for a bunch of business weasels. That would be ... sub par.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 12:31 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005