<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, February 20, 2004
 
Twitchy

Yep, that's a good word for it. I'm twitchy as hell right now. Haven't been outside the apartment since Tuesday. I move from room to room and read books. I scan their pages, I lose my bookmarks, I forget which room has which book. I have done laundry and haven't done the dishes. I eat. I open my window a few times a day to smell the ice melting and breathe and remember what the outside is like.

I have been told that I need to take a break. I do--I've watched a bit of TV, checked my email and read blogs, I've listened to some music. That's about as good as it's going to get for a while. How can I take a break, relax, when after I'll only be more panicked than before?

I think consciously about the air entering and leaving my lungs. I am sane, I am rational, I am wishing that this was finished.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 4:57 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005