<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Sunday, February 01, 2004
 
Weekend Catchup

Both a very productive and unproductive weekend. A whole lot of vehicular adventures and troubles with snow led to me being very late to leave the house on Friday, and so I forgot all the books I needed to read. Stupid, really. But I went to the community centre on Saturday and ran 3 km, and then rode the stationary bike for about 1.6 km (it was just over a mile--I'm translating), then fiddled around with the rowing machine and the eliptical machine for a bit before calling it a day. I was tired, to say the least. Surprisingly, though, my legs aren't sore today.

Ooh, and I taped coverage of a short adventure race, too. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm excited.

I also discovered that my rejection from On Spec finally arrived in the mail sometime in the past week. It was a bit frustrating, actually, both because this was for a story that I sent in April of last year, and because the rejection indicated that the story was totally misread. I realize, of course, that it's not the editors' fault that my intent wasn't clear, but when the problem area was a "lack of character development. Does your character grow or change in the story?" and the entire story was the character arriving at a moment of epiphany ... well, sigh. There's not much to do but chuck it back out in the mail.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005