<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, March 26, 2004
 
There have been so many things that I've found distressing lately, from the recent spate of anti-semitic vandalism in the west end of the city to the current craziness in the States about banning marriage for anyone but a single heterosexual pair. Bombings and suicide attacks and wars. It seems at the moment that the intolerance of the world is all but overflowing, and I don't even begin to know how to address the issues. And yet the focus of my life for the next few weeks is supposed to remain on essays and exams and just getting this stuff done. There were two protests in the past week and a half that I would have like to attend, but found myself tied to my computer instead. Does this count as speaking up? How can this be enough?

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 1:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005