<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, April 21, 2004
 
Eternal Sunshine

Despite the fact that I've never actually read anything that he's written, Charlie Kaufman is becoming one of my favourite writers. I love the way that his mind works.

I also loved this movie. I'd loved the concept and what I'd heard about the film, and didn't know that Kaufman had written it until his name came up in the title credits. The story is so simple and so complex at the same time, layered and quirky and lovely. This movie was just so ... so ... me.

Though perhaps one of my favourite lines of the evening came not from the film itself but from a guy sitting in the row behind us. "Woah," he said. "Frodo was a prick, eh?"

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 1:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005