<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
 
Freewriting Booth
Or, How to Fall Asleep While Coughing

The other night, as I was trying to fall asleep, I imagined that I had a freewriting booth at a fair. Actually, the fair looked a heck of a lot like the CNE in my head, I realize as I look back, but why on earth I'd think that having any sort of booth at the Ex would be a good idea is beyond me. This, of course, is not my idea but one found somewhere in the pages of Writing Down the Bones.

I'd imagine a person--someone I knew, someone I knew existed, someone entirely fictional--and would ask, "So, tell me about yourself." And depending on the answer, I'd mentally freewrite just enough to fit on an index card. Though none of this actually hit paper, I found that I ended up writing some really interesting lines. (Now if only I could remember them...)

I even had a sign mentally designed. It read:

Just like having your fortune read.
Only less relevant.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 8:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005