<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, May 07, 2004
 
Good Things (and Other Wishy-Washy Sentiments)

Today was a good day, and it took me until this evening to figure out exactly why: I feel human again. Sure, I still cough occasionally, but my body does not feel like it's a missed meal away from collapsing entirely. I don't hurt, my ears aren't congested, I can breathe! I also got almost seven hours of sleep last night, which is two hours short of what my body really wants but enough that I didn't almost fall asleep on the bus this morning.

Plus, this was the first day at work that I really felt like I knew what I was doing, what I had to do in the future and how all these pieces I'm working on fit together. Also had a meeting and a phone conference.

But it's taking me a bit to get used to the fact that I'm not going to be asked to do odd tasks. I'm so used to being the one who does all the strange administrative jobs or whatnot that when someone else goes to do these things I feel almost as if something's been taken away from me. You mean I don't have to go label all the chairs? I don't have to move the boxes? I'm not the one who has to run down the hall to try and find the person with the keys? What's going on here?

Came home and listened to Casualties of Retail (twice) and started editing "Ohntai." Continued reading Matt Ruff's Fool on the Hill. This is just a list of things I did. Oh, you noticed? Yeah, well, I said I'm feeling human again, not that I suddenly became interesting. Don't expect miracles.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005