<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, May 04, 2004
 
Your Job Is ... Something

A few days ago I confessed some confusion and ignorance as to what, exactly, I'll be working on in this rather odd job of mine. Now, after having worked there for two full days, I admit that I'm feeling much the same. The difference is that now I know a lot about ePortfolios, but still not a heck of a lot about what I'll be doing tomorrow. Everyone seems to be happy to let me go into my "office" (which is also the storage room for things like extra chairs and empty boxes) and sit at my computer and just ... go. You know. Do things. Work on the project. Get work done. That sort of good stuff.

I had a meeting with the boss fairly late in the day today in which I was able to ask some very key questions (such as, "Um, so, what are we doing, exactly?" and "What should I be working on over the next few weeks?") but generally I'm being left on my own. And since this is in the Career Services office, I'm picking up all sorts of great catch phrases that I can use to describe this skill of keeping myself busy all day with no direction or clue as to what's going on. I'm a self-directed worker. I have initiative.

I'm also trying very hard not to be sick. The coughing, etc., continues, though not quite as badly as before. I could fall asleep on a cold floor, though, of that I'm certain; I just feel so ... damn ... tired. Course, that could also be due to the fact that I'm the sort of person who'd rather stay awake until 5:45 AM than wake up at that time.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:48 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005