<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Thursday, June 03, 2004
 
So I was finally getting around to adding Haloscan comments to this page when I discovered that in all the Blogger changes that have been going on lately, all of a sudden there's a commenting option. Who knew? Course, then Blogger just had to republish my entire blog, so now all my blog entries have this new formatting. I'm kind of sad to see the black/peach/aurora style go, even though I still have the code. I've always tried to leave the formatting for old entries alone, so that everything is just how it was when I published it. I could attempt to re-format all the old entries back to their original style, but I have no idea how to do that and really doubt that it'd be a good use of my time.

I'm rambling. I need dinner. Thank goodness there's food in the house.

Update: and somehow I cut some necessary code from my template, because now the comments won't work. Trial-and-error coding is really a stupid way to operate, but it's all I've got.

Update, update: Added the correct coding, and everything appears to work wonderfully ... except that it doesn't. Sigh.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 6:32 PM

6 Comments:

Woo hoo - First comment!!!

-Jim

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:44 AM  

Woo hoo!!! Comments! :)

By Blogger Sarah E., at 12:57 PM  

Comments seem to be working now. Good show!

By Blogger Philip Brewer, at 4:03 PM  

And it works! Trial and error coding triumphs in the end. I hope.

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 11:43 PM  

But they're not all supposed to be showing on the main page!! Oh, damn, what did I miscode now??

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 10:28 AM  

I fixed it. Woohoo!

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005