<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
 
This Is Your Wake-Up Call

My brain truly does not work early in the morning. At a bit after 7 AM this morning, when I had already been awake and standing for about an hour, the phone rang. I answered. The woman on the other end said, "Hello, is this Karina?"

And I said, "No, I'm sorry, she's ... no. No, wait. That is me."

Sigh. To make matters worse, I had a choice of two things to bring with me for lunch: leftover noodles and sauce, or a bagel. Somehow, when I was standing there in the kitchen making this decision, I came to the conclusion that the best idea was to bring neither. And I can almost, almost follow my early-morning logic: see, I should have the noodles for dinner tonight when I get home from work, so I can't eat those for lunch, and I ate a bagel for lunch yesterday, and it's not good for me to just eat bagels. Right. The fact that choosing neither of these options leaves me with no lunch did not occur to me until some time later.

In the mean time, I am hungry and frustrated as all hell with the OSPI demo. Stupid thing. Going to metaphorically throw sticks at it for a while longer and see if I can convince it to do what I want. Otherwise ... maybe I'll complain to the developers. Yeah, that'll be productive.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 9:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005