<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
 
Well, It's Official

I am no longer a student. (Yes, we knew that already, but I just wanted the pictures to prove it.) Just over a week ago was my convocation. I am now officially educated. (Ha!)



In the photo are: my Oma, myself, my mom and my Opa. My brother is taking the photo.

I am happy that I'm finished, and happy with my degree, and happy that I attended the ceremony, long as it was. (I was officially undergrad 279 to convocate, and there were a great many people who did not RSVP who were added in ahead of me, plus the Masters and Ph.D. graduates. There were, at the very least, 600 people graduating in my ceremony.) Though as I said as we were driving off campus after the fact, "I'd probably feel different about this if I didn't have to be here again tomorrow morning at 8:30." And the day after that ... and the day after that ...

Real life? Is that what this is?

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 1:13 PM

4 Comments:

Congratulations!!! And I'm jealous - you got a much cooler robe than I had at my graduations :-)

-Jim

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:45 AM  

Hi!

Martin from Allan Drive here. I work with your mom.

Big congrats on your recent graduation as well as your new published story. Hardcover! Wonderful!

Interested in presenting at our annual writer's conference next Spring? It would be an honour.

Keep writing!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:56 PM  

Aw, Karina. You look all lovely and smart and grown-up. Way to go, you.

-Thomas

By Blogger Thomas, at 12:03 AM  

Thanks, everyone! :) Though I still don't quite believe that I'm finished with this place. What will be odd is when September arrives and I have no classes to attend.

Jim -- I doubt my robe was better than yours. I just happened to wear black, hiding the robe's flaws. And that red hood? Oh, it drove me crazy! My hands are actually in front of me so that I could hold on to the string attached to the bottom of the thing to prevent it from falling backwards and choking me.

Martin who-works-with-Lindy -- Welcome to the site! I'm definitely interested in the conference that you mentioned. Could you send me an email sometime with more information?

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005