<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, July 05, 2004
 
TT18

I have survived my very first media con, Toronto Trek 18. Not only did I survive it, but I had a fantastic time. Not to mention the days leading up to it: the newsgroup Spiderman 2 outing, and the smaller newsgroup Canada Day celebration, and then the three days of highly-newsgroup related convention. I think I agree with John: we are less and less "the newsgroup" and increasingly a rather large, silly and social entity.

Despite a night's rest between myself and the con, I'm still exhausted. The post-con adventures were enough to ensure that I was wired enough when I got home that sleep was not an option for quite some time. Then there was that whole going to work thing.

I'll have to see what I can put together in terms of a con report; if the weather is as yucky tomorrow as it was today, then perhaps I'll have time during lunch. We shall see.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005