<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, August 13, 2004
 
Olympics!!

Oh, how I love the Olympics! I have mentioned this time and time again, I know, but it's just so true. Though I won't be able to have my full daily TV coverage as I have in years and Olympics past, I know that CBC will now be on fairly constantly for the next few weeks. And this weekend I can watch hour after hour of random Olympic coverage and be content.

Ah, the familiar sound of Brian Williams' soothing ramble coming from the living room...

Also: I was able to pick up a copy of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror this evening on my (rather roundabout) way home from work--and it's true! "Drowned Men Can't Have Kids" and "She is Elizabeth Lynn Rhodea" are both listed. And I found my name in the fantasy summary, too, where they discuss Strange Horizons. And in both places, my name is spelled wrong! Better yet, it's spelled wrong in different ways. I am Karinna Sumner-Smith and Karina Summer-Smith (a longtime classic). I have to admit, this doesn't really bother me at all. I kind of think it's funny--I always said that I should figure out a pen name, as my real name would always be misspelled. And however they spell it, I'm there. That's so amazing to me. I feel ... proud. There's no other word for it.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:56 PM

2 Comments:

I linked to an old post of yours, at http://berlinblog.blogspot.com re the Olympics. I switch between NBC and CBC. When the violin crap gets too thick on the US station, we always go straight to the Canadian one. Thank you guys.

By Blogger Catherine, at 9:00 AM  

Thanks for the link!

And I don't think I can really take the thanks for CBC's coverage, but ... well ... you're welcome. I watch NBC when CBC goes on a news break, or sometimes a commerical. (Or ping pong.) I feel sorry for everyone out there who must rely upon Bob Costas for their Olympic coverage.

By Blogger Karina, at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005