<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, August 13, 2004
 
Olympics!!

Oh, how I love the Olympics! I have mentioned this time and time again, I know, but it's just so true. Though I won't be able to have my full daily TV coverage as I have in years and Olympics past, I know that CBC will now be on fairly constantly for the next few weeks. And this weekend I can watch hour after hour of random Olympic coverage and be content.

Ah, the familiar sound of Brian Williams' soothing ramble coming from the living room...

Also: I was able to pick up a copy of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror this evening on my (rather roundabout) way home from work--and it's true! "Drowned Men Can't Have Kids" and "She is Elizabeth Lynn Rhodea" are both listed. And I found my name in the fantasy summary, too, where they discuss Strange Horizons. And in both places, my name is spelled wrong! Better yet, it's spelled wrong in different ways. I am Karinna Sumner-Smith and Karina Summer-Smith (a longtime classic). I have to admit, this doesn't really bother me at all. I kind of think it's funny--I always said that I should figure out a pen name, as my real name would always be misspelled. And however they spell it, I'm there. That's so amazing to me. I feel ... proud. There's no other word for it.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:56 PM

1 Comments:

Thanks for the link!

And I don't think I can really take the thanks for CBC's coverage, but ... well ... you're welcome. I watch NBC when CBC goes on a news break, or sometimes a commerical. (Or ping pong.) I feel sorry for everyone out there who must rely upon Bob Costas for their Olympic coverage.

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005