<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, August 09, 2004
 
This Just In

I have just received an unconfirmed report that I am listed in the Honorable Mentions section of the Ellen Datlow, Kelly Link and Gavin Grant Year's Best Fantasy and Horror anthology. Twice.

That gasp you heard of total shock and surprise? That was me.

Okay, yes, so the Honorable Mentions list is large. Okay, fine: very large. But I'm there! Twice!

I don't know what stories are listed--truth be told, I'm not sure I even believe that it's true. I want to see with my very own two eyes. But if it is true...?

WOOHOO!!

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:24 PM

3 Comments:

It is true, Karina. I'd actually intended to e-mail you and tell you so, but it apparently slipped my mind. The honorable mentions were for:

"Drowned Men Can't Have Kids," Strange Horizons, Aug. 11
"She is Elizabeth Lynn Rhodea," Flytrap 1

Congratulations.

Best,
Jon Hodges

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:27 PM  

Confirmed. I saw it in the book at Bakka the other day. :) It's "Drowned Men Can't Have Kids" and the Flytrap story.

Congrats!

~Leah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

Thank you both!! I'm happy it's those two. Of everything I've written, I truly love those stories. Not to say that they aren't flawed, but they're mine. :)

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005