<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Monday, December 20, 2004
 
Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful ...

Yes, frightful's a good word for it, I think. When I was driving to work not so very long ago, it was -23 C with a windchill of -36 C. Not a bit of snow on the ground (at least not in Toronto), but cold enough to hurt. Siro was sluggish and displeased for a good few blocks, even after being given some time in the driveway to warm up, and the liquid crystal display on the stereo never did work.

Weather was about the same yesterday, too. I was supposed to go out and do all my Christmas shopping--I only have a few presents for a few people thus far--but when I heard what the temperature was, I abandoned any hope of leaving the apartment, grabbed a blanket, my copy of The Hero and the Crown and settled in for the day. Wish I could have done the same today!

At least it'll be twenty-odd degrees warmer tomorrow.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 9:22 AM

2 Comments:

Sorry that this is off-topic, but I just wanted to point out the mention of your poem in NFG at
http://www.newpages.com/magazinestand/litmags/default.htm
(scroll down to the NFG entry) if you hadn't seen it already.

marymary
http://www.pantoum.org

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

No, I hadn't seen that. Thank you for letting me know!

By Blogger Karina Sumner-Smith, at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005