<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
 

At Long Last ...

The bagpipe story is done. DONE!

Okay, so maybe not entirely done, but finished enough and the deadline had arrived, so: done. And if the revised and trimmed long version (10,600 words) is too long, then I always have the briefer ending that involves far fewer bagpipes--in fact, no bagpipes at all--that will bring the story down to a lovely 9,500 or so.

This is what happens when I tell my brain it can think about novels: "Help, help, I'm drowning in plot!"

Plus, I play the fun "why use a paragraph of description when I can use five pages!" game. Good times. The backspace key has never had such a workout.

In totally unrelated news, my car's alternator blew and I'm suddenly significantly poorer than before. I was (too) excited this morning to discover that I had not one dollar in my wallet, but two. Also, there are only six more days of work left more me, then lovely unemployment. Even with the "significantly poorer" thing mentioned above, I can't wait to not have to go to work every single weekday, even if it's just for a little bit. Even if I am a terrible person and don't write a word and don't get off my butt the entire time, just imagine the progress I can make on my To Read pile.


Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 8:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005