<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, June 24, 2005
 
Let's hear it for the bagpipes!!

I just received an email. My bagpipe story, also known as "Safe Passage," and previously known on occasion as things that are inappropriate for me to type out, has been sold to Genevieve Kierans and Julie Czerneda for Mythspring, a speculative fiction anthology about Canadian myths, lyrics and legends. (Thus, my obsessive need to set this story in a real place and get as many little factual details right as I possibly can should be clear.) This makes me so happy for so very many reasons; I think it's going to be an amazing anthology, and I'm glad that I get to be a part of it.

And, it has to be said: huge thanks to friends Sid and Jaki, who not only let me stay at their house while researching the town of Kincardine, but they also arranged for me to visit so many places (including the lighthouse and lighthouse keeper's museum, the Walker House -- all of which were closed for the season), introduced me to so many knowledgeable people, and quite simply made this story possible.

Whew. I think that all the stress and false beginnings and fights I had with this story were worth it. Thank goodness!

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 11:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005