<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
 

Received a rejection yesterday from the good people at Lenox Avenue. It was my first time submitting there, so I admit I wasn't sure what to expect, but I liked the look of the magazine (ezine, I suppose) and a good deal of the fiction that they'd published, so I thought I'd give it a go.

My response time is far higher than the average, and the story ultimately split the editorial team, I hear (hence the rejection), and yet the whole experience was very much a positive one. I got an email to let me know that they were holding the story for further consideration without my needing to send a query (or even get to the point where I was considering sending a query), and the rejection letter itself was polite, explained their decision and was in all ways professional. Based on these interactions, I think highly of this group and will be submitting to them in the future (when I get my lazy butt in gear and actually write -- but that's a whole other story).

Of course now I have no idea where to send this one. Any recommendations for a possible home for a science fiction story masquerading as a contemporary ghost story with some stylistic quirks?


Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:39 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005