<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
 

Unemployment RULES!
(... except for that whole lack of income thing ...)

I said the other day, I never thought that being unemployed would mean that I'd be more busy then when I was holding down a steady job. Sure, I've cut down on the commute, and yes, my hours are a great deal more ... interesting, and okay, if pressed I will admit that I'm not always exactly working, but wow, am I ever busy. In my first week and two days of unemployment I have:

And a whole ton of other stuff that hardly seems worth listing. I'm reading a lot. It's simply glorious. I've now read my first two Lois McMaster Bujold books, The Curse of Chalion and Paladin of Souls, and was quite delightfully blown away. It took me a bit to get into The Curse of Chalion, but once it had me it did not loosen its grip for a moment, and Paladin of Souls -- simply wonderful and in surprising ways. I got both out of the library (trying to respect the budget and all) and now have to have copies, simply because I know that they're both books that I'll read until the spine cracks and curls, the pages yellow and begin falling out. And then I'll buy new copies and read them again.


Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 10:36 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005