<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, November 19, 2005
 
It's the Doctor!!
Or, More Doctor Who Than I've Seen Since June

(Okay, so that subtitle's not true, because I got The Caves of Androzani out of the library so I could finally find out what happened, put that mystery to rest and see how my Doctor turned into the jerk of a blond curly-haired Doctor, but that's old Doctor Who and I'm now talking about new Doctor Who. Just so we're straight on that.)

Apparently, on Friday the BBC held a Children In Need appeal telethon, featuring clips of shows and parodies and I don't know what else because I only have normal cable and don't get the BBC, not even the somewhat sub-par BBC Canada. But this is important because one of the shows they featured was Doctor Who, of which I'm clearly a fan. I'm even happier that they've posted it on the website for all to see. And while I thought they'd just have some sort or scene unrelated to the main arc, it actually picks up right after the last episode left off. This is the minutes just after the Eccleston/Tennant regeneration! (No, you're not imagining things. That really was just a fangirlish "Squee!" you heard in the background.)

Now I've known that Tennant has to be a totally different Doctor than Eccleston was, and I'm okay with that, but it was lovely seeing what that might be like. He is a bit of a loon, but then Eccleston's Doctor had that slightly manic edge to him as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this all goes, and Christmas (and the Christmas Invasion, which I hope/pray/will demand that CBC plays at a reasonable time) doesn't seem so very far away anymore.

Also: I went to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets last night with Jana, Kel, Rebecca, Amanda and Peter, which I loved (yes, both the movie and the company). And apparently I was the only one who didn't know/remember that David Tennant plays Barty Crouch, Jr., in this film, because I was totally thrown by his appearance in the opening. As in, I think I said aloud during the opening credits, "Oh my god, is that the Doctor?!"

It's a good sign, I suppose, that I'm already equating Tennant with the Doctor.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 5:38 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005