<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Saturday, December 24, 2005
 
Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain

After a December of snow, cold and more snow, southern Ontario has greeted the holidays with a cheerful forecast of rain, sleet and above-freezing temperatures. I must say (and remember this, because it'll be the last time I say anything of the kind for quite a while), I rather preferred the snow.

But I'm safe and happy at my parents'/grandparents' house, busily finishing preparations for the relatives to arrive tomorrow. My father and I spent much of today out grocery shopping and the like. As we hurried through the very crowded, very wet, very slushy Zehrs parking lot I began to sing, "It's beginning to look less like Christmas, the more and more it rains ..."

In the mean time, I have a few more presents to make, a few more presents to wrap, and one particular gift that I have no hope of finishing in time, and so it will be wrapped in its incomplete state and then snatched back to be finished before the wrapping paper has hit the ground. Or shortly thereafter.

Otherwise, it's beads, baking, beads, beads, wire, beads and wire. I have discovered the joy of memory wire. It's like making jewelry out of a slinky.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 12:40 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005