<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Friday, February 10, 2006
 
A Day Off

Things have been crazy at work recently. Good, mostly, but crazy. So, to make up for some of the 13-hour days that I've been working, I took today off. This was perhaps the best idea I've had in a very long time.

I slept in. This alone was a joy.

Then I wrote for a little while, and ended up with a few hundred words that I didn't want to throw away -- almost more progress than the rest of the year to date.

Then I got my hair cut, which is such a joy I can't even tell you. I've been trying to grow out a bad haircut for months, hating my hair all the while, but now it's pretty and shapely again. (Toronto people: my new stylist is Maddie of Red Label Hair Co., which is right by Runnymede station -- great cut, great price, really nice atmosphere in the salon. Lots of natural light. Good stuff.)

And now I'm slowly adding content to my new shiny website as a cake bakes and the Olympic Opening Ceremonies play in the background. There is a half-finished sculpture necklace and Kristine Smith's Rules of Conflict waiting for me on the living room table for when I get tired of typing and baking.

And today is Friday. The weekend stretches out before me, promising relaxation and sparkly things and non-stop Olympic sports coverage. This, my friends, is what I call a good time.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 2:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005