<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
 
An Open Letter to the Universe

Dear Universe,

I just thought that I would mention that though it is true I was, in weeks past, often heard to say, "Well, if I have to get sick, I hope it's during the Olympics," I did not intend for this to mean that the first day of Olympic events should be seen as a signal for illness to strike me down. While the timing was indeed spot-on, I'm afraid that I did not find this quite as amusing as perhaps you might have desired.

Also, I think it important to clarify that by "sick" in this case I meant "just sick enough to make me stay home so that I can watch Olympic coverage," not "sick enough to feel miserable, but functional enough to go to work." Indeed, the point of my earlier statement appears to have been missed entirely.

I do, however, appreciate the Canadian women's hockey team's third decisive win in a row, this time over the more-threatening-than-Italy team Sweden. Even if I was unable to watch it.

Yours sincerely,
Karina

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 7:57 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005