<$BlogRSDURL$> Spontaneous Things: Karina Sumner-Smith's Blog
Sunday, July 23, 2006
 
Why Are(n't) You Listening?

Thank the powers that be for Enter the Haggis, their new album, and the geniuses that invented streaming media.

It's hour god-only-knows-what of my weekend writing/revision fun for this RFS response for work (due tomorrow, of course, and have people sent me the promised materials that I need? No, of course not), and right now the loud music is the only thing that's keeping me going. I enjoy many of the songs, but I currently have "Lancaster Gate" and "New Monthly Flavour" on constant repeat. (The latter of which took me a few plays to get, but now has been stuck in my head for two days straight. If it's the same damn song, why are you listening? Dun-dun-da-da-da-da.)

I swear, there will come a time when I can do things like read a book, or watch DVDs, or write, or make sparkly things, or write up this stack of critiques, or do any bloody thing that does not involve me typing the words "iterative" or "Ministry" or "Shore's strategic analysis and development team" over and over like some response-writing machine. Until that day ... fiddle and bass, bagpipe and pounding beat, keep me strong.

Repeat.

Posted by Karina Sumner-Smith at 7:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Powered by Blogger


Spontaneous Things © Karina Sumner-Smith 2000-2005